COVID-19 Information and Resources
To help organize our efforts to keep our families and community informed and provide resources during the unprecedented time, we have created the COVID-19 tab to our website to make information easily accessible to all our school families. Our Administrative Team will continue working to address the remaining questions and concerns and this site will be updated regularly.
Important Communications for Families
- Student Face Covering Medical Exemption Request
- Transportation Letter Sent to Parents
- Food Service & Free Meals Information Sent to Parents
- SACC Information
Daily At-Home Screening
lease be sure to constantly monitor your children and all members of your household for the symptoms of COVID-19. Click here for the Macomb County Health Department Student Screening Guide
Latest Superintendent Communication
November 20, 2020
Good Evening Parents,
I want to take a moment to provide a brief reminder of the building schedules for each level based on the Governor's Executive Order and the most recent Board of Education meeting.
Anchor Bay High School students will remain remote learning through December and will return to in-person learning on January 4th.
Middle School students will begin remote learning on Monday November 23rd and will return to in-person learning on January 4th.
Elementary School students will continue in-person learning next week, November 23rd and 24th. There is no school for Thanksgiving recess November 25-27. Elementary students will return to their classrooms on Monday, November 30th.
We will continue to review and monitor this schedule based on potential case spikes and staffing needs. Please be prepared that there could be individual school closures needed. If a closure is necessary, parents will be notified similar to a "snow day" by phone, text, email, social media and postings on our website. We will do our best to provide as much notice as possible.
Thank you and stay safe and healthy,
Leonard Woodside, Ed.S. Superintendent
Past Superintendent Communications
- Parent Update - sent 11.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 11.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 11.13.20
- Parent Update - sent 10.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 10.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 9.24.20
- Parent Update - sent 9.4.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.12.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.6.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.30.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.17.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.22.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.8.20
- Parent Update - sent 5.15.20
- District Update - sent 5.1.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.10.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.6.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents 4.2.20
- Important COVID-19 Exposure Information Staff Letter - 3.27.20
- Parent Update Letter - sent on 3.24.20
- Online Enrichment Letter - sent to parents on 3.20.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.16.20
- Coronavirus Update - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.12.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.11.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.10.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 1.31.20
Return to Learn Plan
Return to School Plan
October 5th - Return to School Information
August - Return to School Information
Special Board Meeting PowerPoint Presentation - Fall Options - August 11th, 2020
Return to School Plan - Parent Update - July 30th, 2020
Student Mask Information88 trò chơi bài câu lạc bộ - The Governor has amended Executive Order 2020-185. This amendment expands the requirement to wear a mask in the classroom to all students Kindergarten and up. The amendment does not change the requirement for those students who are medically unable to wear a mask. Those with proper medical documentation will not be required. If you have any questions, please speak with your Principal.
Wednesday, June 10th will be the last distribution day for meals through Anchor Bay Schools
Pandemic EBT Program 88 trò chơi bài câu lạc bộ - English
Pandemic EBT Program - Arabic
Pandemic EBT Program - Spanish
COVID 19 News
88 trò chơi bài câu lạc bộMeals are available to all students 18 years and younger and/or 26 years and younger for adult/children with special needs. Our goal is to provide all virtual/remote students with the opportunity to pick up meals in a safe and comfortable environment so that they are ready to succeed in any type of learning environment. In order to achieve our goal, we have made the following changes to our virtual/remote meal distribution plan, effective, Monday, Nov 23rd. Please note that there will be NO meal distribution on Nov 25th- Nov 27th.
Mental Health Resources
With the closure of public schools in Michigan, the Anchor Bay School District wants to ensure that all students still have access to mental health services. We realize that this time may be very stressful for everyone involved.
Macomb County Resources
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Macomb County Crisis Line: 586-307-9100 (24hours /7 days)
- Macomb County Mental Health: They provide phone counseling, resources including community resources.
- Resource Information
- Phone Number: 1-855-927-4747
- United Way: Call 2-1-1
- Includes a variety of links for families relating to activities to promote well-being in the home setting, a crisis contact, emotional supports for children
- MFS Adolescent Outreach Services
- Macomb Family Services is offering no-cost teletherapy sessions during this time.
- Local Counseling Agencies
Department of Michigan Education Resources
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Daily tips for parenting during crisis via email
- Additional resources on topics/suggestions for families
- Support Your Child After The Death of a Family Member or Friend